Onda Harley Street Surgeons' Favourite Device Voted "The Best"
Your Complete Solution to:
Localised Adiposity | Cellulite | Skin Laxity
Smooth * Slim * Tighten
Smooth * Slim * Tighten
Onda® In Depth
Patch Test Required?
No Patch Test Needed
15 Minutes per Area
Can I Moisturise?
Hydrate & Massage
Prices Start at £80
Patch Test Needed?
No Patch Test Needed
15 Minutes per
Area being Treated
Can I Moisturise?
Hydrate & Massage
Prices Start at £80
Global Leader in Non-Surgical ‘Nip & Tuck’
Over the latest 30 years there has been a major increase in the demand for non-invasive methods for use in the medical and aesthetics sectors, to treat skin imperfections in general and in particular, and above all, to treat localised adiposity, cellulite and skin laxity. Onda utilises special microwaves (now known as Coolwaves®) to provide localised adiposity (pockets of fat), cellulite and skin laxity treatments all in one device, all over the body.
Differing from all other existing technologies, Onda focalises its action on the subdermal fat by means of Coolwaves® delivered to the subdermal layers from two specially designed handpieces; these handpieces are able to drive the energy right to the selected target (patent pending delivery mode).
Coolwaves® | The Foremost in Microwave Technology
Microwave technology is very popular in the modern society and it is not a newcomer in medical applications either. It has been widely used in many branches of medicine up to now including, oncology. It has been proven to be highly safe for use on human beings. The selective microwave frequency Onda works at, is 2.45GHz. Such a frequency, it has been discovered, renders skin tissue almost “transparent” to the passage of the energy, therefore works almost exclusively on the subdermal fat layer specifically. Uniquely, this in direct opposition to all other body contouring devices on the global market today.
This makes the superficial layers of the dermis preserved from unwanted heating and able to stay cool. For this reason, the microwaves Onda works with are now denominated Coolwaves®.
In simple terms, skin behaves differently when submitted to different frequencies (technically: dielectric behaviour). For instance, the skin is either more available to let some energy with certain frequencies to pass through it or it is less available to let the same energy, with a different frequency, to pass through it again. In other words, frequency discriminates the passage properties.
Technically speaking, “Skin Conductivity” is a physical characteristic that identifies the property of a biological tissue, to transfer the energy received from an outer source (microwave handpiece) to surroundings tissues.
Conductivity is a function of the applied frequency of energy. Simply speaking skin offers more resistance to low frequency energies (less conductivity) instead skin offers less resistance (more conductivity) to higher frequency energies, and as Onda operates at an extremely high frequency, it is able penetrate 80% of its target adiposity, with the skin absorbing only 20%; this is in stark contrast to virtually all other body contour devices, which tend to only manage an approximate 30% ingress into its target area.
How Does Onda Work?
Fat – in general terms – is stored as triglycerides inside adipocyte cells, located between the muscles and the skin – and the number of fat cells each person has is around the same, regardless of a person’s weight; however, the size of those cells can vary considerably.
The conundrum facing scientific communities in the race to develop a genuinely effective non-invasive body contouring device has been the skin’s innate ability to deflect the ingress of any and all potential thermal-based energies.
Onda Coolwaves® changed everything:
The award-winning physicists at Deka discovered a very specific microwave frequency that was able to harmlessly bypass the skin’s natural barrier and deliver its heat directly into the adipose tissue, effecting a real, evident and long-lasting change.
Using their patented handpieces, Onda delivers a measured dose of Coolwaves directly into a selected area and 3 conditions are simultaneously targeted:
As the Coolwaves reach their target (the adipose tissue), the heat discharged into this structure results in metabolic changes to the fat cells, which causes them to release high quantities of lipids and undergo lysis: destruction due to cell membrane rupture.
The droplets of fat are then cleared away by macrophages via the lymphatic system.
The characteristic ‘Orange Peel’ texture of cellulite is caused by large fibrotic bands of collagen called septae that cause bumpy pockets of fat.
The Coolwaves cause destruction of the septae which then releases the strangled lobules of fat.
Stimulation of the fibroblasts also results in the formation of new, more elastic collagen, with less structured (thinner) fibres.
The heat produced by the Coolwaves in the dermis causes immediate collagen shrinkage and consequential long-term skin tightening.
Am I Suitable For Onda?
Prior to your Onda treatment, you will undergo an advanced and comprehensive consultation, where details about your medical history are obtained in order to confirm suitability. You will be carefully examined, and any skin irregularities, lesions, scars or comments will be documented. Before proceeding, you will be asked to sign a consent form.
There are a number of health issues that may mean you are contraindicated for Onda, in either the short term or long term:
- History of Cancer (or undergoing radiation/chemotherapy)
- Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Given Birth within 10 Months
- Heart Implants or Pacemaker
- Cardiac Disease or Disorders
- Vascular Disease or Disorders
- Phlebitis, Thrombophlebitis or Phlebothrombosis
- Lymphatic or Immune System Disorders
- History of Keloid Formation or Scarring
- Kidney or Liver Dysfunction
- Sun Exposure (within the last week)
- Implants (including IUDs or Coils)
- Regular Smoker
- Psoriasis or Eczema
- Depression or Anxiety
- Heat Urticaria
- High Blood Pressure
- Lipoma (within treatment area)
- BMI >30
- Head and Neck
- Décolleté and Breast
- Mucous Membranes
- Bone Protrusions (skin fold must be thicker than 2cm)
- Varicose Veins
- Permanent Implants
- Tattoos or Cosmetic Tattoos
- Insensate Areas
If you have any questions regarding a pertinent medication or health issue you are currently anxious about, please get in touch, we would love to chat with you.
What Does Onda Entail?
Prior to treatment, you must first undergo an advanced consultation, where details about your medical history are obtained in order to confirm suitability. Before proceeding, you will be asked to sign a consent form.
A selection of anonymised photographs will be taken prior to the treatment, to accurately gauge your progress; baseline photographs are highly recommended to allow comparisons with past treatment results.
Once you have been assessed, the Onda will be calibrated to your bespoke specifications, and the step-by-step procedure continues:
1) The area to be treated will undergo a brief lymphatic massage.
2) Liquid paraffin will be applied to the area.
3) A 15cm x 15cm grid will be marked out on your skin.
4) The pre-cooled handpiece will be smoothed across the area, prior to your treatment commencing.
5) The handpiece will be moved firmly, in a linea or figure-of-eight formation, repeatedly across the marked area until the full dose has been administered. This usually takes around 15 minutes.
6) Once the Onda treatment is over, the area treated will undergo a second lymphatic massage, which will last for around 5 minutes.
How Does The Treatment Feel?
Onda treatments are usually well-tolerated, although the area can occasionally become a little too warm.
In situations such as these, the clinician will temporarily suspend your dose and pass the cooling handpiece over the area for 10 seconds. Movements may also be increased in speed, which helps in mitigating the microwaves’ concentration in a specific section.
Ideal Number of Treatments?
Improvement is evident after the first session, but for optimum results, 4 to 6 treatment sessions are often advised.
Treatment is carried out every 4 weeks.
Pre Treatment Checklist
1) The use of moisturisers or lotions should be suspended for 1 week prior to treatment commencing.
2) Drink 2 litres of water 1 day pre and post treatment.
3) Any lotions or creams on the skin should be thoroughly cleansed from the skin prior to treatment.
4) Dense hair growth must be removed from the treatment area.
5) We reserve the right to charge for any appointment booked but abandoned due to active sun-tan or fake tan.
6) A medical history is taken at the consultation, but we rely on you to inform us of any changes to this. We need to know of any medication you are taking including those bought from a chemist or herbalist.
7) Make sure that you arrive in good time for your appointment; this will allow us to pre-cool the skin if needed.
Post Treatment Checklist
1) A lymphatic drainage massage will be performed immediately after treatment.
2) Avoid direct exposure to the sun for 48hrs.
3) Avoid hot water and heat treatments until erythema subsides.
4) Drink 2 litres of water 1 day pre and post treatment.
5) It is advisable to have a healthy diet and perform some moderate physical activity between treatments, to aid the lymphatic drainage.
6) You will be encouraged to return to Clinic No 2 every week for a review and follow up lymphatic massages.
*For your peace of mind and well-being, at the end of your treatment you will be given an out-of-hours telephone number; your clinician will be on call 24 hours a day to answer any questions you may have*
Onda® Packages £
Effective on Localised Fat
Effective on Cellulite
Effective on Skin Laxity
Targeted & Selective
Heats at Depth: 80% into Fat Cells
Great Results in 4 Sessions
Short Treatment Times